Where to mount dairy barn fans
To determine the best place for your fans in a dairy barn you have to consider several aspects. As every barn is built differently, customization is the key to reach an optimal result. We have included a few guidelines for you below:
• Provide a refreshing airflow over the cubicles. This is where the cows spent the largest amount of time. Save at least 1.5 meters of free space on the suction side of the fan for optimal efficiency.
• Make use of existing trusses to mount 130-centimeter basket fans with a chain or to install smaller basket fans directly.
• Mount a 130 cm basket fan between double cubicles. The reach of the fan is wide enough to provide both cubicles with a cooling effect.
• Mount the fans by extension of each other
• Use spaces that do not need to be ventilated (Such as the area for calves) for the suction side of the fan.
Read more about where to install fans in a dairy barn
The guide to fan installation in dairy barns
Are you looking for more information on this topic? You can find more information in our white paper covering topics such as how many fans you need in your dairy barn, what the ideal tilt angle is and which size will work best for your building.